Date and place of birth
July 7, 1960. Nice, France.
Israeli + French.
Married to Tirza +3: Yonathan (06/02/92), Daniel (09/05/95) and Noam (03/12/98).
PhD of the Grenoble university (Joseph Fourier) in condensed matter physics (under the supervision of Prof. Roger Maynard): “Wave propagation in disordered media”, Diploma cum laude (1986).
I did my PhD in Grenoble at the CNRS (Centre de Recherches sur les Tres Basses Temperatures). Then, I moved to the Laue-Langevin institute (Grenoble) to work as a postdoc in the theory group led by Prof. Philippe Nozieres. In 1987, I received a tenured position at the CNRS (Centre de Recherches sur les Tres Basses Temperatures) in Grenoble. In 1991, I joined the physics department at the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology), where I am presently a professor of physics.
- Mesoscopic quantum physics of electrons and photons
- Quantum fluids (superconductivity and superfluidity) – Bose-Einstein condensation
- Vortex matter – Non-linear classical field equations
- Anderson localization of photons – Cooperative effects: sub-radiance and super-radiance
- Quantum aspects of Shannon information
- Quantum field theory on fractals
Current research interest
- Statistical mechanics and quantum fields on fractals
- Topology of tilings
- Quantum phase transitions – Anomalies
- Statistical mechanics of out of equilibrium systems
- Quantum mesoscopic physics
- Cooperative effects and superradiance